Hi! I’m Eric.
Have you ever wanted to completely turn your life upside down and basically start over? Well, I’m doing just that! I recently told someone I might be having a mid-life crisis, but they thankfully said this sounds like a mid-life opportunity instead.
My plan is to travel around the United States for about a year, staying at Airbnbs and other rentals a month at a time – with occasional trips back “home” of course! Since so many people have been asking what I’m up to, I thought I better start a blog.
10 Facts About Me
- I’ve lived in Minnesota my entire life but am ready to explore! Born in New Ulm, I’ve lived in Saint Paul (or its Woodbury suburb) since I was one.
- I’m a freelance web designer and developer. My business is Pixeleric. I specialize in building inspiring websites for mission-driven organizations and small businesses.
- I went full-time with my business just a few months before the pandemic hit, which caused me to put my digital nomad plans on hold. Until now.
- I recently sold my house, got rid of most of my furniture and a lot of my “crap,” and moved the rest in with my parents. (At 42 years old, it’s been more than a little strange moving back into my childhood bedroom! There’s still an “Eric’s Room” sign on the door.)
- Starting in May 2022 I’ll be a full-time digital nomad! My first stop is Grand Lake, Colorado in the Rocky Mountains. ⛰️
- Music is my true love. I’ve been playing piano since 2nd grade and the pipe organ since 6th grade. Videos of my music can be found here.
- Since taking a black and white photography class in college, I’ve been hooked. I’m excited to document my travels through photos. Stay tuned for a new photos section soon.
- I’m a connoisseur of great TV – and occasionally terrible TV (I can’t quit SVU no matter how hard I try). Breaking Bad is the best TV series of all time. Don’t even try to debate me on this.
- I can binge an entire season of a TV show but have trouble sitting through a 2-hour movie. Go figure.
- I’m the paperboy in the opening seconds of Grumpier Old Men, which was filmed on my parents’ block when I was in high school.
About This Blog
Eric Gets Lost is going to be my travel journal. It’s no doubt going to be a bit rocky at first but stick with me. I hope to write about my journey becoming a digital nomad, what solo travel is like, as well as advice and tips for others who may be considering such an adventure.
Let’s get lost!